Delta Tau Nu Brothers and guests, we hope everyone is having an enjoyable Summer and look forward to seeing those that can attend our Fourth annual Delta Tau Nu Hilton Head Presidents Cup golf outing November 7th through November 10th this year. You, and your spouse or significant other, are welcome whether you or they plan to play golf or not. Last year we had over 35 people join us!
For the fourth year in a row Travel and Leisure Magazine has named Hilton Head Island as the #1 island in the continental USA in the 2019 World’s Best Awards. If you haven’t been here come check it out…weather in November is very nice! Historical temperatures in early November are highs in the 70’s and lows in the 60’s.
We have also copied several others on this email who have expressed an interest in coming.
What’s different this year?
• Box lunches will be provided to all golfers both Friday and Saturday on the course
• Playing a private course on Saturday for the Presidents Cup (which will include a sleeve of custom “DTN Presidents Cup 2019” balls to all golfers)
• Reduced group room rates at the Beach House compared to last year.
Included in the remainder of this document is everything you need to know to register for this event, including payment details and deadlines.
• Thursday November 7th: Late lunch/early dinner on your own, welcome reception from 7 PM to 9:30 PM at the Tiki Hut at the Beach House Hotel (on the beach)! Cash bar
• Friday November 8th: Golf mid-morning at one of the courses in Port Royal Plantation. Dinner on your own (but we’ll all get together for Happy Hour around 5 pm at Reilleys Grill and Bar at Greenwood Circle – cash bar)
• Saturday November 9th: Golf mid-morning at The Golf Club at Indigo Run. Cocktails and group dinner in the evening at Long Cove Club (pay on your own for drinks and dinner)
• Sunday November 10th: depart.
A block of rooms is being held at The Beach House Hotel (a Holiday Inn Resort), 1 South Forest Beach Drive, Hilton Head, SC 29928 for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
• Standard King room $109/night plus taxes, Premium King room $129/night plus taxes, King ocean view room $159/night plus taxes
• Normal Resort Fee of $20/day will be waived upon checkout
• Cancellation policy is 7 days prior to arrival
• Quoted rates, based on availability, are available for 2 days before and 2 days after if you want to come earlier or stay longer
• Reservations must be made by September 24th to guarantee these rates. After that they are subject to availability
• Attendees book rooms directly with the hotel.
To book your room, attendees should call 855-433-0341 (be sure to mention you are with the Delta Tau Nu Golf Group to get these rates…the room block code is DTN), or go on-line to select your dates at
https://www.beachhousehhi.com/group-blocks/ and enter group code DTN to make reservations.
Tee times have been arranged for both Friday and Saturday morning:
• Friday, we will play a friendly (but competitive) game at one of the golf courses in Port Royal Plantation with tee times beginning mid-morning
• Saturday, we will play for the 2019 DTN Presidents Cup at The Golf Club at Indigo Run with tee times beginning mid-morning (the course is a Jack Nicklaus design).
The cost for 2 days of golf, box lunches and a sleeve of balls each day, prizes and awards each day, and the Presidents Cup trophy, is $225 per person. If your spouse or significant other wants to play golf on Friday, the cost is $100 per person.
As in past years, any excess money after expenses will be donated to the Delta Tau Nu Scholarship Fund.
Please see the “important next steps” section below to sign up for golf and submit your payment and filled out form by September 15th at the latest.
Saturday night group dinner
Saturday evening, we will have a group cocktail hour beginning at 5:30PM, followed by dinner, at the Long Cove Club. Dress is country club casual (dress jeans are allowed, no hats, collared shirts for the men please, sport coat optional).
Cocktails and dinner will be a pay on your own event for individuals/couples. Golf awards and the 2019 Presidents Cup Trophy will be presented.
Important next steps for each of you attending
We hope many of you (and your spouse or significant other) can make this event. We have had a great time the past 3 years!
As mentioned earlier, weather in Hilton Head is generally nice this time of year (historically 70’s during the day, low 60’s at night). Although we can’t guarantee the weather we will all have a good time!
In late September, we will provide an update to all confirmed attendees including a map of the island with our venues and addresses, restaurant suggestions, and “what to do” suggestions for non-golfers.
Please mind the deadlines we are under and act quickly if you are planning to come. We all look forward to seeing you in early November!
Delt Hilton Head Presidents
Thanks for joining us! *
2019 Delta Tau Nu Presidents Cup
November 7th to November 10th, 2019
Hilton Head Island, SC